Monday, March 25, 2013

Anastasia's Diary


23 March 2013

After having published six non-fiction books in print a few years ago, and taken a hiatus from serious writing, I'm now ready to launch my first e-novel, Anastasia's Diary. (I'm shooting for April 1 or sooner)  This diary is a fictional representation of how Anastasia's diary would read, if she hadn't been forced to destroy it.  All the dates and most of the account is factual and the result of a great deal of research. So, I hope it does due diligence and reads as if fifteen-year-old Anastasia actually wrote it.

I have always been fascinated with the Romanov family, and Anastasia in particular, especially because of the mystery and controversy surrounding her death.  Some scholars believe that Anastasia survived the assassination of her family by a strange coincidence of circumstances.  One theory is that during the shooting, one of Anastasia's sisters fell on her, knocking her to the ground and thereby, protecting her from the barrage of bullets that were let go on the family.  There is another theory that Anastasia was saved by the corset that she wore under her dress, which had diamonds and gems sewed into it as did the corsets of her sisters and mother.

A few years ago, I read that scientists had dug up the remains of the family and that they found the bones of Anastasia.  I have my doubts about this, but it may well be true.  However, her closest childhood friend, Gleb Botkin did identify Anna Anderson, the name she took, as Anastasia about ten years after the family's assassination and after she had been put into mental asylum because she insisted that she was the young duchess.

Well, enough said about that.  If you want to read more about Anastasia or the Romanov family, I have included a reading list on my website: www.caroldommermuth.com. I will also be posting some unusual or unfamiliar facts about the family as I go along and would love some feedback, both about the book and about your thoughts and ideas about Anastasia..

No comments:

Post a Comment